Basic surgical training-Complete package – GOLD
A comprehensive introduction to open surgical skills; handling instruments, making an incision, suturing, knot tying, and excising a lesion
This Level includes:
- Video contents available for 6 months from the purchase order + tutorials for 3 months (maximum 2 tutorials per month).
After 6 months, the subscription for the video package will be automatically renewed (£60), allowing the user to continue viewing, otherwise the user can cancel the subscription.
After 6 months the subscription for online tutorials will be automatically renewed (£200), allowing the user to partake of a further 3 months of tutorials, as above, as well as viewing videos for 6 months, otherwise the user can cancel the subscription.
INDIVIDUAL BESPOKE AVAILABLE AS DESIRED – PLEASE ENQUIRE AND WE WILL DO OUR UTMOST TO ASSIST YOU
on-line within 24/48 hours after payment for all the videos package.
The tutorials will be planned subsequently, after the access to the videos.
- A complete package of training videos and tutorial options providing you with a foundation layer of basic surgical and interventional skills to provide you a platform for your future development of your practical and surgical skills, including:
- Appropriate and efficient use of forceps
- Appropriate and efficient use of haemostats and clips
- Appropriate and efficient use of needle holder
- Appropriate and efficient use of scissors, for tissue dissection and suture cutting
- Safe and efficient use of scalpels and sharp instruments
- Safe and appropriate mounting of, and use of, suture needles
- Safe and efficient use of instruments with right and left hands – help make you ambidextrous!
- How to make an incision safely and efficiently
- How to insert sutures accurately and efficiently
- How to close a wound neatly and with appropriate tension
- How to tie a variety of safe and secure surgical knots, hand tied and instrument tied for lefty or right handed surgeons
- One handed hand tied reef knot with left and right hands
- One handed hand tied surgeon’s knot and reef knot with left and right hands
- Two handed hand tied surgeon’s knot and reef knot with left and right hands
- Instrument tied reef knot with left and right hands
- Instrument tied surgeon’s knot and reef knot with left and right hands
- Two handed hand tied reef knot options with left and right hands
- Help you develop your techniques of ensuring every knot you tie is secure and reliable, regardless of which hand you use
- Safe, aesthetic and efficient removal of skin cyst
- Aesthetic closure of wound with appropriate and minimal tension
- An introduction to handling tissue and removal of a lesion
This course is for you if:
- you want to learn and master, or refine and revise, a complete set of basic, open surgical skills, in spite of the limitations of the current crisis on practical learning and revision of skills, and prepare you for a return to more opportunity to use your skills
- You are a trainee surgeon or a medical student or any allied health care professional or nurse
- You are involved in operating theatres or assist or perform interventional procedures
- You desire a broad range of safe and reliable, basic skills, to provide a foundation layer of surgical, or practical skills for your future development and practice of your profession and expertise
- Desire any revision, or honing, of your current skills, to maintain and refresh your expertise
- Refresh or expand your current repertoire of skills